WINE and v7 GPU folding - entirely impossible?

Moderators: slegrand, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: WINE and v7 GPU folding - entirely impossible?

Postby bruce » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:14 pm

Exponential bonuses do not go both ways. They start at baseline points and go up from there. If it can run them, an old GPU gets baseline points on Core15/16 and 17. It may also get a (small) bonus, too, but all bonuses are extra points based on increased speed. Newer hardware get increasingly large bonuses, of course.
bruce

Postby k1wi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:29 pm

bruce wrote:Exponential bonuses do not go both ways. They start at baseline points and go up from there. If it can run them, an old GPU gets baseline points on Core15/16 and 17. It may also get a (small) bonus, too, but all bonuses are extra points based on increased speed. Newer hardware get increasingly large bonuses, of course.

Except if core17 basepoints != core15 basepoints...
k1wi

Postby 7im » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:38 pm

But the base points level for core 15/16 was set significantly higher than for core 17 with QRB. My entry level 430 Fermi card nets 5K PPD on the older cores, but only 2.5K PPD on core 17.

Think back to PPD formula of SMP before and after QRB, 6K all base vs. 1.5k base plus QRB to get equal points from Benchmark on same WU. Same thing here.

If your GPU is slower than a GTX 460, you are likely to be unhappy to see p8900 go public.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Previous

Return to unOfficial Linux GPU (WINE wrapper) (3rd party support)