ATI Client via WINE

Moderators: slegrand, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: ATI Client via WINE

Postby Sidicas » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:27 pm

bruce wrote:You're saying that ATI does not (yet) provide official OpenCL libraries for Linux. I expect that that will delay Stanford's statement of support and leave it to 3rd parties for the time being.

They do, but no Linux distributions have officially packaged AMD/ATI's OpenCL libs it yet as far as I know.. So it's something you have to get straight from AMD/ATI..
Sidicas

Postby Sidicas » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:04 pm

v7.1.16: * Use core count not thread count for SMP autoconfiguration.
* Clear FAHViewer info when disconnected.
* Whitelisted some more GPUs.
* Removed ATI Mobility GPUs from whitelist.

Oof.. Really, I can't think of any reason all the ATI Mobility GPUs would be removed from the whitelist other than lack of driver / OpenCL support for them from AMD/ATI.

Wouldn't surprise me though as AMD/ATI has a history of giving the hardware vendor (Dell, HP, etc.) the responsibility of releasing their own version of the drivers and these hardware vendors aren't going to care at all for OpenCL.

I've got an HP laptop running Windows with a Mobility X700 chip and the official AMD/ATI mobility drivers detect the chip but then refuse to install since it's in an HP laptop. The only drivers that will install are the ones on HP's website. Although a Mobility X700 chip wouldn't be able to run OpenCL anyway.. :D
Sidicas

Postby 7im » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Maybe the Mobile GPUs were put back in...? It's all just speculation at this point.

v7.1.18: * More GPU whitelisting.

v7.1.17: * Really whitelisted some more GPUs.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Previous

Return to unOfficial Linux GPU (WINE wrapper) (3rd party support)