Problem with 64 Core Machine

The most demanding Projects are only available to a small percentage of very high-end servers.

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: Problem with 64 Core Machine

Postby Splynncryth » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:38 am

MOBAJOBG wrote:
Splynncryth wrote:Yup, all cores is processing and showing maxed out. It's working, but 2x 32 core folds with 20k-30k points higher than 1x 64 core.

CPUz shows the CPU working at the said speed... actually higher, almost 2.0Ghz compared to the standard 1.86Ghz.

I'm trying tonight VirtualBox 4.1 with Ubuntu 10.10. Everyone on this setup seems to get optimal results. I've tried 4.1.2 with Ubuntu 11.10 & 11.04, but it didn't work. It tends to folds slower than normal. Over 100mins per frame.

Will update my findings tonight on the test.

Hi!, Splynncryth. If you're using VirtualBox 4.1.2, under system settings "Processor" tab ...you can select up to a max of 32 processors per VM session only. Did you manage to configure it successfully? If everything goes smoothly, in Windows Task Manager, you should see an almost 100% activity while in Ubuntu 11.04 System Monitor, it should be almost 3200.

Since we're folding for the same team, just contact me in our home-based site if you wish for me to assist you in the setup which consist of VirtualBox 4.1.2 and Ubuntu 11.04 with ext4 filesystem. I've checked that you should be able to expect ~20min 30sec tpf for P6903 in a 32core VM session which you can create two of such.

Hey, thanks for the support. Let me tinker a little more and I'll get in touch on the assistance in the next few days. Thanks!
Splynncryth

Previous

Return to SMP with bigadv