I'm still under 24 cores

The most demanding Projects are only available to a small percentage of very high-end servers.

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: I'm still under 24 cores

Postby bruce » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:40 am

Grandpa_01 wrote:Here you go viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20036&start=30#p199180

You're reading that post in a different way that I do. It seems to say "With the current structure of FAH, we don't have any way of stopping you -- and a lot of people are doing it." I don't see him using the word "acceptable" anywhere, nor anything else that implies he considers the practice "acceptable" In fact, it's clear (to me, at least) that he'd like to have made more changes but was resisting those changes because donors get upset -- even though those changes (whatever they were/are) would benefit science.

Yes, missing the timeout is UNACCEPTABLE (and the QRB forces you to follow that policy). Violating the original Best Practices is one of the many shades of gray but you can't call it Acceptable but rather something in between. There are many shades of gray, but don't call it white.

Compromise has become a bad word in Congress and elsewhere. We used to have people who could be respectfully called a statesman and now we just have politicians (typically said with a negative tone of voice. Personally, I respect Dr. Pande for being willing to compromise. It's too bad that the people he was talking to have been less willing to compromise and more likely to escalate their demands, constantly reinterpreting the Best Practices in any way that benefits them personally.
bruce

Re: I'm still under 24 cores

Postby Grandpa_01 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:50 am

Maybe but I asked three post down from there for further clarification just so this would be clarified for future reference no more could have been do than I asked . So there is only 1 conclusion I can draw from that, and that is the conclusion I have drawn.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20036&start=30#p199195
2 - SM H8QGi-F AMD 6xxx=112 cores @ 3.2 & 3.9Ghz
5 - SM X9QRI-f+ Intel 4650 = 320 cores @ 3.15Ghz
2 - I7 980X 4.4Ghz 2-GTX680
1 - 2700k 4.4Ghz GTX680
Total = 464 cores folding
Grandpa_01

Previous

Return to SMP with bigadv