[SOLVED] Former BA machines getting nothing

The most demanding Projects are only available to a small percentage of very high-end servers.

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

[SOLVED] Former BA machines getting nothing

Postby Dead Things » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:59 pm

None of my former BA machines are getting work units of any kind now. They just report "Could not authenticate Assignment Server response" and "...Server 2 response" alternately.

edit - Sorry, deleting machinedependent.dat and restarting the client has solved the issue.
Dead Things

Re: [SOLVED] Former BA machines getting nothing

Postby EXT64 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:11 pm

I have the same issue with the V7 client, however all I tried was deleting and then creating a slot (which was not enough). For now I just stopped it and decided to play with NACL a little.
EXT64

Postby kasson » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:30 pm

A couple of our work servers needed tweaking.
128.143.199.97 wasn't taking many-core servers but should do pretty well with them. That's fixed now. If your machines choke on any of those work units, please let us know.
We also have a few new many-core projects. A couple of them are a little raw, so please bear with any bumps there, but we wanted to get some of these out to you ASAP. The new ones are being served from 128.143.231.201.
kasson
Pande Group Member

Postby sortofageek » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Dr. Kasson, I moved a report here so the poster can follow up if he has further issues.

If anyone has trouble with these WUs, please start individual topics to make troubleshooting easier to track.
sortofageek
Site Admin

Return to SMP with bigadv