Multiple WUs lost error & Bonus/passkey question

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Multiple WUs lost error & Bonus/passkey question

Postby scammelio » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Hey, I am looking for some advice on some WUs that my computer dropped/lost yesterday. I was overclocking and pushed a bit too hard, here's one of the error messages from the log:

[20:28:10] Completed 375000 out of 500000 steps (75%)
[20:32:54] CoreStatus = C0000029 (-1073741783)
[20:32:54] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xc0000029
[20:32:54] Deleting current work unit & continuing...
[20:33:10] - Preparing to get new work unit...

This happened 4-5 times yesterday on various settings ,usually within 5 seconds of 100% cpu load from folding. I'm now folding again with a stable OC.

My question is this: because I got 4+ of these error messages and have only completed 6 SMP WUs with my current passkey, would I be better off conitnuing to fold on this passkey or getting a new one? Basically, will these WUs (even the ones that got errors and deleted within seconds of starting) go against the 80% completion rate needed to qualify for Bonus points? Also, can I retrieve the 75% complete WU, and how do I stop this happening again? My system was stable with Prime95 and CPU burn-in.

The way I work it out I have 14 WUs to go minimum on this passkey if these errors are recorded, and only 10 if I get a new passkey. What do you think?

I'm only so keen on points as me and a friend are competing :)
scammelio

Re: Multiple WUs lost error & Bonus/passkey question

Postby MtM » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Retrieve the 75% failure: nope

Re: change passkey, current system makes it possible to change passkey so take advantage of it while it lasts. I don't think the nature of qrb has this possibility in mind so I'm counting on this flaw to be corrected at some time in the future. Do note that a unit is only counted if it's submitted and downloaded with the same passkey.
MtM

Postby 7im » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:24 pm

10 vs 14 doesn't seem like much of a difference, a day or two at the most. You want WUs on diff passkeys for the bonus points of 4 wus? Go for it...;)
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby scammelio » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 pm

7im wrote:10 vs 14 doesn't seem like much of a difference, a day or two at the most. You want WUs on diff passkeys for the bonus points of 4 wus? Go for it...;)

So do you think these errors definitely counted against me?
scammelio

Postby scammelio » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:30 pm

MtM wrote:Retrieve the 75% failure: nope

Re: change passkey, current system makes it possible to change passkey so take advantage of it while it lasts. I don't think the nature of qrb has this possibility in mind so I'm counting on this flaw to be corrected at some time in the future. Do note that a unit is only counted if it's submitted and downloaded with the same passkey.

Thanks for the resopnse, I think I will change the passkey after this WU. Is there any way I can see/request how many failed untis FAH has registered for this passkey?
scammelio

Postby 7im » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:38 pm

scammelio wrote:
7im wrote:10 vs 14 doesn't seem like much of a difference, a day or two at the most. You want WUs on diff passkeys for the bonus points of 4 wus? Go for it...;)

So do you think these errors definitely counted against me?

I can only guesstimate that it did. Maybe a Mod or Admin knows how to check the record for you?
7im

Postby bruce » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:58 pm

It's difficult to predict exactly when the WU failure reports will get reported to your account. If the client makes an explicit failure report, it's immediate so it'll take 14 WUs. If the WU was "lost" the server probably won't know it's missing until it expires so the completion rate on your account may not go down until later.
bruce

Postby PantherX » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:05 am

scammelio wrote:...My system was stable with Prime95 and CPU burn-in...
Please note that Prime95 is less stressful than F@H so you can't validate your OC with it. You have to either use IntelBurnTest or Gromacs's StressCPU 2.0 (http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadUtils) to see if your CPU is stable or not.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Chrome Folding App (Beta) Ӂ Troubleshooting "Bad WUs" Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
PantherX
Site Moderator

Return to V6.34Beta SMP2 with passkey [Not Bigadv]