Core 2.20 for Fermi

If you think it might be a driver problem, see viewforum.php?f=79

Moderators: slegrand, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: Core 2.20 for Fermi

Postby 7im » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:51 pm

As bruce said, it's a short lived trick. As I said, the very next workunit could download v2.20 again. And eventually, v2.20 will be forced for all work units. Newer fahcores include updates to the scientific code, and PG will need those to be consistent for comparing results.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby baggzy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:27 pm

True. I just wanted to confirm that the new core was causing the drop in PPD. Might tell the developers something...
baggzy

Postby Joe_H » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:35 pm

markfw wrote:I can't get my v7 client to get out of the update core mode. I removed it like someone said, and re-added it. Now I have 2 "update core" processes

Help !

[img]
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/markfw/v7_problem.JPG
[/img]

Please post your log showing the error and the beginning section that shows the client version information and your system setup. Your image is not viewable, the site gives an unauthorized referrer message when it is clicked on to display. Your post is also in a topic about the V6 client and will be relocated when we have the information needed to place it in the correct group.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby PantherX » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:44 am

When you have two GPUs and the FahCore needs to be updated, it has to wait until both the GPUs have finished processing the WUs using that FahCore. After that, it will update the FahCore. Normally, you can set the GPUs to finish and once both GPUs are idle, you can manually delete the FahCore which will force an upgrade.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Chrome Folding App (Beta) Ӂ Troubleshooting "Bad WUs" Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
PantherX
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to V6 GPU3 beta (including Fermi) OpenMM