63 99 error

If you think it might be a driver problem, see viewforum.php?f=79

Moderators: slegrand, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

63 99 error

Postby bendcb » Fri May 11, 2012 3:10 am

Well I have this on both of my operating systems vista and xp. Reading I found an anwser that stayed with me a while ago so I thought I would post it. You need the c++ 2008 windows runtimes (86x). Fixed both of my operating systems multiple installs. Thanks for whoever posted it, but I did have trouble like hell for a few years, and even recently. So its worth mine and yours time apparently.
bendcb

Re: 63 99 error

Postby 7im » Fri May 11, 2012 6:07 am

How about a little clue as to which clients (SMP, GPU, CPU?), what versions (v5, v6, V7?), that sort of thing?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby bendcb » Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 pm

How about you ship your software with the required c++ builds. Youll know what im talking about.
bendcb

Postby 7im » Fri May 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Somewhat, yes, I do. Although it seems few OTHERS know...

And my systems are fully patched. I've never needed to download and install the c++ files specifically for fah. So that's why I have to ask more questions (and hopefully get some helpful answers, not snide retorts)... to gather more details so the problem can be documented with more than just a very brief mention of it in a very short post. ;)
7im

Postby bendcb » Fri May 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Well the problem is in the error itself. Which ive had for years like i said. Which no one on the forums helped me with. So its gpu v6, as that is my favorite less resource using client. I got the idea because I came across someone else who knew what they were talking about, and the v7 also gave me a side by side error which brought it back into my memory.
bendcb

Postby 7im » Fri May 11, 2012 11:41 pm

I reread your original thread. http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=20500 Missing c files is not a known cause of this error in the v6 client. There was a different error in V7 that c files fixed (SxS) as you noted...

99% of the time, the lack of a supported driver or lack of a supported hardware version prevented the fahcore from starting up in v6, resulting in that error. A newer driver, or a forcegpu switch fixed most people's 63 99 errors. You posted twice, and then disappeared. We had to assume the problem was fixed because you didn't give us the opportunity to try other solutions. You stopped, and we had to choice but to stop as well. That is not a lack support...

And just to be clear, C files are NOT a v6 client requirement. 1000s of people installed and ran the v6 GPU client without installing C files. Installing them only fixed a different underlying problem... Are your operating systems not fully patched? Do you typically strip out unused Windows services and software modules? What did your XP and Vista systems have in common that might cause this?
7im

Return to V6 GPU3 beta (including Fermi) OpenMM