will this work with a Kepler card?

If you think it might be a driver problem, see viewforum.php?f=79

Moderators: slegrand, Site Moderators, PandeGroup

will this work with a Kepler card?

Postby alpha754293 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:33 am

I haven't been able to find any good information on here (via search) about running the v6 GPU client with a Kepler card.

Has anybody ever tried and got it to run successfully?

(For some reason if you search for "+nvidia kepler v6" it ignores both "nvidia" and "v6" which pretty much renders the search completely useless).

It appears that "-forcegpu nvidia_fermi" will NOT work for a Kepler card since it obviously isn't a Fermi GPU.

Any hints will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
alpha754293

Re: will this work with a Kepler card?

Postby codysluder » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:49 am

AFAIK, No.

I upgraded to V7 to get my Kepler to work. It might be possible but it wasn't worth my time to figure out if there is a way to make it work.
codysluder

Postby alpha754293 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 am

Hmmm....bummer.
alpha754293

Postby GreyWhiskers » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 am

You can do the search in a different way.

I'm using the Subsilver Folding Forum board format. The selection of board format is in the User Control Panel Board preferences.

Anyway, in the Subsilver format, there is a "Search" link in the upper right part of the screen - that gives you a couple of options.. The default is the search we are used to - ignoring short or common phrases. But, there is also a Google Search option above that. You can easily do a search for Nvidia Kepler v6 and get a list of results.

http://foldingforum.org/search.php This should be a direct link to the search panel too.
GreyWhiskers

Postby alpha754293 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:28 am

yea....I tried the search page too - it still ignores the same keywords
alpha754293

Postby codysluder » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm

alpha754293 wrote:yea....I tried the search page too - it still ignores the same keywords

I think you missed the point. There are two different search engines. The phpBB search ignores small words and has limited AND/OR capabilities but it can limit the search to specific forum. The Google search will accept any small words and uses it's normal search connectives but is limited to all of the site:foldingforum.org.
codysluder

Postby alpha754293 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:23 pm

try it:
"+nvidia kepler v6" (even in Google). lemme know what you find. ;) ;) ;)

GreyWhiskers wrote:The default is the search we are used to - ignoring short or common phrases.

Doesn't that defeat the point/purpose of the search engine then if you're trying to find out how to run the v6 client on a nVidia Kepler card? (And that the '+' symbol does nothing to force it to retain the keyword which forms a large part of the search.)
alpha754293

Postby GreyWhiskers » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:33 pm

How about this. I'm not sure why the + sign killed the search, but without the plus sign, this is the first screen-ful of results I got from your search.

GreyWhiskers

Postby alpha754293 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:07 am

GreyWhiskers wrote:How about this. I'm not sure why the + sign killed the search, but without the plus sign, this is the first screen-ful of results I got from your search.

Yea, that did worked. But that still doesn't explain why the forum search doesn't. (yes, I realize that nvidia may be a common term, but if someone were to be looking for a specific nvidia issue and the forum's search engine ignores it, even with the manditory + sign, then that renders the search completely useless, which also means that if we have to use Google to find it, then it also makes the forum search redundant (and; therefore, pointless.)

And the specific search phrase is to find out whether Kepler nVidia GPUs work with the v6 client specifically. I've read through some of those threads, and they don't really say (not for the v6 client) or if there's v6 and nvidia, it's about Fermi GPUs (which I don't have as I have a Kepler).
alpha754293

Return to V6 GPU3 beta (including Fermi) OpenMM