New user - stumped. Please help.

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: New user - stumped. Please help.

Postby Nathan_P » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Penfold wrote:
Nathan_P wrote:Yes, OS/X and *nix use a scale of 100% per cpu core for measurign cpu usage, if you have a dual core its 200%, a quad core 400% etc

Hey! I got something right! :lol:
Thanks, Nathan.

While you're around could I ask you how to subscribe to a topic please. I must be half blind - I can't see any box or whatever to check.

There's a link at the very bottom of the page that says subscribe topic - i have no idea how it works though as i am on the forums far too often to worry about missing anything important :oops: :egeek:
Nathan_P

Postby Penfold » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Joe_H wrote:As for how many points the QRB is worth, with a passkey I am getting 2000-2500 PPD from my 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook when left running all day. Without the passkey the base points would be in the 450-500 range. Just putting that out for comparison, choice of using a passkey is up to you.

Could I get and enter a Passkey now, after starting to fold, without any interruption to the current work unit?

Joe_H wrote:At the bottom of the page there are options displayed to subscribe to the forum, or to a specific topic depending on which you are looking at. Also listed as an option when using the full editor while posting is a selection for "Notify me when a reply is posted".

Yep, I was right again! Half-blind. Got it now, thanks.

Ubuntu 16.04.1
F@H v 7.4.4
Penfold

Postby Penfold » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Nathan_P wrote:There's a link at the very bottom of the page that says subscribe topic - i have no idea how it works though as i am on the forums far too often to worry about missing anything important :oops: :egeek:

Got it, thanks. As I noted in my previous reply - half-blind. Trees? I can only see the wood. :)
Penfold

Postby Joe_H » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Could I get and enter a Passkey now, after starting to fold, without any interruption to the current work unit?

Yes, pause folding, enter the passkey and restart the folding client. The passkey will be effective for the next WU done.
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby Penfold » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks again , Joe. Got it under way.
Penfold

Previous

Return to Intel Mac V6 client