FAH processes still running after uninstall

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

FAH processes still running after uninstall

Postby Cressidia » Fri May 25, 2012 6:43 am

Recently I brought my Macbook Pro to get "repaired" at the Apple Store. Since I've gotten it back, I've noticed CPU was running high constantly and I had no idea why. I soon discovered that someone there installed this client onto my Mac without my permission. While I think it is something really nice, I would also like to uninstall off of my computer. However, even after I deleted all of the files and terminated the processes, the processes start right back up and I have no idea why.
Cressidia

Re: FAH processes still running after uninstall

Postby Joe_H » Fri May 25, 2012 3:10 pm

In connection with the V7 beta an uninstaller was written for all the versions of F@H. You can download it from this page, https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/F ... etaRelease, it is about 2/3 of the way down the page.

If FAH was installed by someone at the Apple Store without your permission, please file a complaint with the store manager. It is a violation of the terms of use set by the Folding@Home project to install and run F@H on a computer where permission is not granted. It also violates the code of conduct Apple Store employees are supposed to follow.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin

Re: FAH processes still running after uninstall

Postby Cressidia » Fri May 25, 2012 3:36 pm

I must have over looked something, because that fully uninstalled it for me now. Thank you very much =)
Cressidia

Return to Intel Mac V6 client