Team 10276

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ajfeldmeier

Team 10276

Post by ajfeldmeier »

Hi,
I'm new to the forums but have been Folding for a while. I joined Team 10276 becaused I'm a 1972 grad of University of Missouri at Rolla. Since 1972 the school has changed name to Missouri University of Science and Technology and I'm not sure if my current team is even active. Maybe my school has a new Team under its new name. I ask because I see very little activity besides my own. Is there a contact person? If there is a new Team, what is its name and can my Points be reassigned to it?

Thanks,

Al
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Team 10276

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

I can put you in contact with one of the Folding@home Consortium members who helps out with team registrations. They may be able to put you in contact with the founder, but that depends on whether the email address in the records still exists and is still being used. There may or may not have been any official connection with the school, the founder could have been a student or alum that just created the team. There is a dead link to a webpage there, possibly a personal one that has gone defunct.

From looking at the official stats, it appears there are just a few currently active on the team. More were active last year, probably connected with the surge of people donating computer processing due to COVID. As for checking to see if there is a new team, searching the team names shows several connected with various campuses of Missouri universities, but not this specific one unless it is abbreviated in a way I did not search for.

If the team founder is no longer around, possibly that could be changed to you or someone else currently associated with the team. The team name can be updated by whoever has the team login, usually the founder. As for getting more team members, you might be able to recruit through the alumni association or by getting a current student or other organization on the campus to advertise the existence of the F@h team.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
esorin
Pande Group Member

Re: Team 10276

Post by esorin »

Hi Al,

I'm going to reach out by PM to help you out shortly ... please keep an eye out for my message ;o)

Fold On...
Eric