newbie questions

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

oopshaza

newbie questions

Post by oopshaza »

I've typed in my username (oopshaza) in configure but it doesn't come up with anything when i click user statistics! How do i fix it?
Zagen30
Hardware configuration: Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz (not folding), 8 GB DDR3 @2133 MHz, 2xGTX 780 @1215 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit running 7.3.6 w/ 1xSMP, 2xGPU

4P E5-4650 @3.1 GHz, 64 GB DDR3 @1333MHz, Ubuntu Desktop 13.10 64-bit

Re: newbie questions

Post by Zagen30 »

Have you completed a Work Unit yet? Your stats profile won't be created until you've returned a WU.
oopshaza

Post by oopshaza »

Ohhhhh thank you very much i havent compleated a work unit yet :p would you know how to speed things up?
gwildperson

Post by gwildperson »

The only "speed things up" that applies to the PS3 is to spend more hours per day folding. There's only one version of the client and none of the settings make an appreciable amount of difference to the speed of folding.

(That's not 100% true. Turning off the sounds and video does make a slight difference but not enough to really worry about. Folding requires lots and lots of computing, and you can't install a faster processor in your PS3 or anything like that.)
oopshaza

Post by oopshaza »

ohhhhh i have a pc so is there a way to speed things on that?

bruce

Post by bruce »

oopshaza wrote:ohhhhh i have a pc so is there a way to speed things on that?

You've posted in a topic for the PS3, which is why you got an answer that doesn't apply to you. I'll split your question off into a new topic.

Please read the other information in this new forum.

We can answer general questions like that if we know something about your hardware and about which client are you running.
oopshaza

Post by oopshaza »

Ok thanks :)
uncle fuzzy

Post by uncle fuzzy »

Just give us a list and we can help.

Operating system
CPU
Video card
What else you use the PC for and how long you are willing to let it run for folding
Proud to crash my machines as a Beta Tester!