Where to start?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Dr.Rene

Where to start?

Post by Dr.Rene »

Hello,

Why do I always receive the message "At present your GPU ....." ?
I've an ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470, I installed the latest drivers, I followed your guides for the GPU installation. But every time I get the same notice after installing the GPU.
So far I still use the CPU version of FAH, but I think that the GPU is more usefull.

Greets,

René
Zagen30
Hardware configuration: Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz (not folding), 8 GB DDR3 @2133 MHz, 2xGTX 780 @1215 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit running 7.3.6 w/ 1xSMP, 2xGPU

4P E5-4650 @3.1 GHz, 64 GB DDR3 @1333MHz, Ubuntu Desktop 13.10 64-bit

Re: Where to start?

Post by Zagen30 »

Welcome to the forum, Rene.

Which version of the GPU client do you have installed? Version 6.23 was released before the 5000 series of cards came out, and as such does not immediately recognize anything from that series as a valid card. You can use the flag -forcegpu ati_r700 to work around this issue, as it'll force the client to treat it as a series it does recognize. See http://fahwiki.net/index.php/How_do_I_a ... _client%3F for instructions on how to add flags to the console client, or poke around that site further for how to add a flag to the systray client if necessary.

Version 6.3x should recognize it without adding any other flags, and can be found at the top of the High Performance Clients page. Don't worry that it's intended for Nvidia cards; it functions just fine with ATI cards.