Why is there a bonus for SMP WU's

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Geoffric

The bonus for completeing 10 SMPs?

Post by Geoffric »

When I check my SMP stats, in the points total column on the upper left, it lists more points than I have been given.

A friend told me I got a bonus after completing 10 SMP WU's, and that the extra points not awarded, would be awarded as soon as I completed a total of 10 SMP WU's.

Today I completed 10 SMP WUs, but didn't get any bonus.

I am using a code key and everything and am not anonymous.

I am only generating about 900 points a day in SMP, yet on the FAH GPU Tracker 2.0 top page it says I am earning 5.5 k PPD on SMP
bollix47

Re: The bonus for completeing 10 SMPs?

Post by bollix47 »

Go to:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... =userstats

Enter your folding name and passkey. It should display how many WUs you've completed with that passkey.

If you're running other clients with that passkey the number of WUs might be higher than 10 but that doesn't mean you've completed 10 SMP WUs with that passkey.
ChelseaOilman

Post by ChelseaOilman »

Geoffric wrote:A friend told me I got a bonus after completing 10 SMP WU's, and that the extra points not awarded, would be awarded as soon as I completed a total of 10 SMP WU's.
Your friend gave you bad info. You'll get bonus points on the 10th SMP WU you complete as long as you use the same passkey/username on all of them. You'll never get bonus points for the first 9 WUs.

As far as I can tell your not getting bonus points yet. This is the last WU turned in by you.

Hi Geoffric (team 121496),
Your WU (P6801 R2718 C2 G9) was added to the stats database on 2011-02-14 07:07:17 for 1348 points of credit.

Edit: My mistake. P6801 is a GPU WU so wouldn't get bonus points.
Geoffric

Post by Geoffric »

Yes, they were all on the same machine with the same passkey, someone said it might be because some are A3, and some or A2 units. Thanks for the links and information.

I really think this is so cool, and I am putting together a new machine on a shoestring budget to fold some more!
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Again, bad info. Both A2 and A3 apply to the bonus system eligibility.

Doublely bad, because A2 WUs have been retired for several months, so it is unlikely you have folded any A2 work units if you just started folding with SMP.

Triplely bad, as A2 work units won't even run on a Windows system. ;)

If you don't start getting the bonus soon, please post again with more info about your system.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
ChelseaOilman

Post by ChelseaOilman »

I made a mistake saying you didn't get bonus points for the p6801 WU. That was a GPU WU so would not get any bonus points. However, you did just turn in another WU which is an A3 SMP WU and it did get bonus points.

Hi Geoffric (team 121496),
Your WU (P6023 R0 C8 G429) was added to the stats database on 2011-02-14 09:08:47 for 2548.38 points of credit.
Geoffric

Post by Geoffric »

Thanks, sorry it looks like I posted this subject twice, i thought i started the other one at extreme but I can't keep my tabs straight sorry.

EDIT by Mod: Topics Merged.