First time poster, can you check my setup?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

orion
Hardware configuration: 4p/4 MC ES @ 3.0GHz/32GB
4p/4x6128 @ 2.47GHz/32GB
2p/2 IL ES @ 2.7GHz/16GB
1p/8150/8GB
1p/1090T/4GB

Re: First time poster, can you check my setup?

Post by orion »

Yes 2000 is fine for your HT, keep it there. Getting over that too much can be problematic.

My NBf is @ 2.8k on 1.3v. I've seen some get to 3k too but mine wouldn't go that high. I would try 2.4k first and go from there.

If you game, use your Thuban for work or school than no -bigadv aren't for you but they will crunch the crap out of vanilla SMP's ;)
iustus quia...
hungyzerglin

Post by hungyzerglin »

orion wrote:Yes 2000 is fine for your HT, keep it there. Getting over that too much can be problematic.

My NBf is @ 2.8k on 1.3v. I've seen some get to 3k too but mine wouldn't go that high. I would try 2.4k first and go from there.

If you game, use your Thuban for work or school than no -bigadv aren't for you but they will crunch the crap out of vanilla SMP's ;)
Cool, I'll tweak around with the NBf in bios and see what I get. Hopefully 2.6k will be stable. I have a question about SMP deadlines. I understand when using SMP your deadlines are shorter for completing WU's. I plan on letting 4 cores run SMP 4 most of the time, leaving 2 cores for other tasks, then bumping up to SMP/SMP 6 when I go to class or go to sleep. Is there a way I can check the actual deadlines for when I have to upload work, so I can know to bump up the SMP # to give a little boost and maintain a >80% ratio?
orion
Hardware configuration: 4p/4 MC ES @ 3.0GHz/32GB
4p/4x6128 @ 2.47GHz/32GB
2p/2 IL ES @ 2.7GHz/16GB
1p/8150/8GB
1p/1090T/4GB

Post by orion »

Running an SMP on 4 cores @ 4.0GHz will do well.

There are two good client monitoring programs out there FahMon and HFM.NET.

I would leave it on 4 cores for now and see what it does, try some gaming and work. Than try it with all 6 cores and see how much a difference the extra two cores make.

PS Make sure to get a passkey.
iustus quia...