Help! please anwser

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

doomsday111

Help! please anwser

Post by doomsday111 »

1st question:
does f@H work on ASUS eee pad?

2nd question:
If yes to the first question, does it work for the gpu?

3rd question:
If yes, how do i find the gpu on eee pad?

4th question:
and which download so i click on in the gpu download link?
bruce

Re: Help! please anwser

Post by bruce »

Welcome to foldingforum.org, doomsday111.

FAH works on MS Windows, on Linux, on Mac OS X, and whatever Sony calls the OS that runs on the PS3. Your eee pad probably has an Intel i5 chip in it and probably runs Windows. As such, it can run the SMP version of FAH, whether or not the GPU can be used. (Only designated GPUs are supported, but you'll probably be lucky on this one since the hardware is pretty new.)

FAH is not well suited for battery powered devices so you'll probably choose to run FAH only when the device is connected to wall-power.

Aside from the version that's shown on the download page, you may choose to try the new V7 client which is in open beta. See the discussion here. It's not bug free, but it is MUCH easier for someone new to FAH to install and it's unlikely that any of the bugs will be a problem for you. You can get help with either version here on the forum and there are good install guides on the Stanford site.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

I have an Asus eee pad transformer tablet and cannot fold on it.

It uses Google's Android o/s.

It's cpu is an NVIDIA Tegra 2 operating @ 1.0Ghz.
Last edited by bollix47 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bruce

Post by bruce »

bollix47 wrote:I too have an Asus eee pad transformer tablet and no you cannot fold on it.

It uses Google's Android o/s.

It's cpu is an NVIDIA Tegra 2 operating @ 1.0Ghz.
Are we talking about an eee-Pad slate or an eee-Pad transformer? I probably should have asked.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834220961 :?:

Android is not supported, as I said, and developing FAH for a new platform is a MAJOR undertaking so the answer the the next question is "not in the foreseeable future"

... and as I said, FAH is not well suited for battery powered devices. If Stanford ever develops an application for the new types of hardware, the application would probably only work while the device is plugged in or in the charging dock.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

When I googled Asus eee pad all I could see was the transformer. Didn't know about the slate.

Sorry for my assumption.