cuda

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ihatesnow

cuda

Post by ihatesnow »

im a little new to this ..how do you add a gpu device to folding@home???
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: cuda

Post by Jesse_V »

Welcome to the forum ihatesnow,
What exactly do you mean? Do you want to fold on your GPU, are you adding another GPU and want to use it, is your GPU unrecognized, etc?

We'd be happy to help but personally I don't quite understand your question.

-Jesse V.
Big Lake, Alaska. Hahaha :)
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Run the V7 client installer again. It will add the GPU slot automatically, while keeping current setup.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

7im wrote:Run the V7 client installer again. It will add the GPU slot automatically, while keeping current setup.
That will work. If you need to add a GPU slot, here's a method that doesn't involve the installer: 1) using the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner, change V7's mode to Advanced, 2) press the Configure button, 3) Go to the Slots tab and hit the Add button, 4) select the GPU option and click Add, 5) hit Save.
Either way. :)

The V7 installer should automatically try to set up a GPU slot. Did it? If not, I think we need more information.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Dark Pulse
Hardware configuration: System 1:

Core i7 2600K (Sandy Bridge, Overclocked up to 4.3 GHz)
GeForce GTX 690

System 2 (Arriving soon!):

Core i7 3820QM (Ivy Bridge, OC TBD)
GeForce GTX 680M

Post by Dark Pulse »

If for some reason the GPU slot still isn't detected, or is detected but doesn't seem to "work," you may need to update GPUs.txt.

What GPU do you have?