Need help checking statistics (QRBs eligibility)

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

TruboXL

Need help checking statistics (QRBs eligibility)

Post by TruboXL »

reddit dot com/r/Folding/comments/41jjs5/need_help_checking_statistics_80_threshold_and/

Hello first time here.

I don't really want to bother admins or moderators here checking these kind of statistics for me but there's no way to do so on end user's side.
I really hope this kind of statistics should available freely to everyone who is folding and keep track of their progress like BOINC do...

Anyone here can help me? I use the name Trubo_XL to fold.

Thanks.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Need help checking statistics (QRBs eligibility)

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

Your username and passkey pair is qualified and over the 80% threshold. What issue led to you inquiring about that status?

As for users having free access to that level of statistics, it was determined by PG a number of years ago to not be maintainable with a reasonable level of equipment and other resources. The stats server just could not handle the potential number of queries if it was opened up to all folders beyond the summary of number of WU's completed and points awarded.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
TruboXL

Post by TruboXL »

Hi thanks. cool to know I still eligible... \o/

Actually I have been trying to experiment some configurations and some of them was quite messed up and had to delete the entire work to fix it...
So I don't know and thats why I inquiry it.

And err... how specific I am really? 80% above or 90% above?

Is it advisable to experiment configurations anonymously then later switch to the desired name and passkey in case if it fails and pulls down to "not eligible" level?

Well I do look into the 2016's vision about that stats system thing and really hope this is what will be the next thing for it :p
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

It is advisable not to experiment with live work units. Use something else to do over clock stability testing. Then try Fahbench before running real work units again.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
TruboXL

Post by TruboXL »

Thanks 7im. Ok I do kind of forget every work unit is a "real" job to be done... :(

I am not really doing over clocking. I am currently using the plain command version of Folding due to obvious deps problem with Python on Linux making FAHControl not able to install. So I have to manually edit config.xml myself and sometimes it kind of messed up with FAHClient.

Ok I will look into FAHBench but it seems the main site is down. fahbench dot com
The 1.2.0 version from folding site seems to be Windows only.
So I guess I have to build FAHBench myself from Github?