Can you set On Idle timeout??

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

EricAlbers

Can you set On Idle timeout??

Post by EricAlbers »

Is there a way to set the number of minutes before the machine is considered 'on idle'?

What determines the machine is Idle? Mouse and Keyboard? Other processes running??
bruce

Re: Can you set On Idle timeout??

Post by bruce »

FAH queries the status reported by your operating system and "idle" is defined by them. The answer probably depends on which OS you use. This is a question for Microsoft/Linux/Apple.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

In Windows, fah watches for the monitor to go in to power saving mode. And you can adjust the time that Windows does that. You'd have to ask on a Windows forum for the actual process, or web search it.

Similar settings for the other OS types, but I don't know the exact details of the others off hand.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

calxalot wrote:On OSX, idle is when the computer puts the display to sleep, or the login window is active.
See also thread on idle.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.