Points earned in stats don't match points of work units

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

sards3

Points earned in stats don't match points of work units

Post by sards3 »

I have been folding for about 15 hours. My stats on the F@H site show I have completed 8 work units for a total score of 64541. But this point total seems far too low. If I look in the log of my client, it appears to show 8 completed work units (eight log lines contain "Server responded WORK_ACK (400)"), but if I add up all of the Final credit estimates from the following log lines, I get 365176, which is much more in line with my client's Points Per Day estimate of 659970. Am I missing something here?
Nathan_P
Hardware configuration: Asus Z8NA D6C, 2 x5670@3.2 Ghz, , 12gb Ram, GTX 980ti, AX650 PSU, win 10 (daily use)

Asus Z87 WS, Xeon E3-1230L v3, 8gb ram, KFA GTX 1080, EVGA 750ti , AX760 PSU, Mint 18.2 OS

Not currently folding
Asus Z9PE- D8 WS, 2 E5-2665@2.3 Ghz, 16Gb 1.35v Ram, Ubuntu (Fold only)
Asus Z9PA, 2 Ivy 12 core, 16gb Ram, H folding appliance (fold only)

Re: Points earned in stats don't match points of work units

Post by Nathan_P »

Hi and Welcome

Have you gotten and installed a passkey? The client reports PPD based on you having a qualified passkey, which is 10 WU returned within the preferred deadline successfully. Once qualified you need to maintain an average of 80% of work units returned successfully within the preferred dealine

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-passkey/
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

Assuming from the points reported in your log that you have a passkey entered, if these are the first WU's folded by you with that passkey, then you need to complete 10 WU's before turned in WU's will get the bonus points. The client has no way of knowing if a passkey has been qualified yet to receive the bonus, so will report an estimate based on whether or not you have a passkey entered into the client configuration.

More information on points can be found in the Points FAQ - https://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-points/. The requirement for 10 WU returns is stated in the section on Qualifications for QRB - https://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-points/#ntoc7. Once your username and passkey meet those qualifications, as long as you maintain an 80% return rate or better, then you will get points credited that should be close to the estimated amount.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
sards3

Post by sards3 »

Joe_H, Nathan_P,

Thanks for the help and clarification. The FAQs and the control software don't make it clear that the estimated points per work unit include the QRB bonus points and therefore aren't valid for the first 10 work units.