Configuring multiple GPUs

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Hannibal13

Configuring multiple GPUs

Post by Hannibal13 »

I just got a Nvidia 1070 and added it to my system that has a Nvidia 750. I was wanting to know if there was a way to make a the Nvidia 750 run constantly on full while the Nvidia 1070 and the CPU were controlled by the power slider.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Configuring multiple GPUs

Post by 7im »

Hello Hannibal13, welcome to the Folding Support Forum.

Yes. You can set the Power setting on the Slots tab for that specific slot. The other slots will keep using the Slider.

The Configuration Guide walks through how to change Slot options.

Set the power option to full.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Hannibal13

Post by Hannibal13 »

Thanks. If I understood correctly in the "edit options" box name:power value:full. Sorry I looked at the advanced configuration options page and I did not understand.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Hannibal13 wrote:Thanks. If I understood correctly in the "edit options" box name:power value:full. Sorry I looked at the advanced configuration options page and I did not understand.
Yes. Name: power Option: full
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.