can't find the advanced client

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

scooter800m

can't find the advanced client

Post by scooter800m »

i want to find the advanced client because my CPU is crap, but my GPU is pretty tough for my laptops category (Radeon HD 4250). when i start up the client from my desktop shortcut it brings me to web control and shows that my computer isn't doing any work, and if it is it isn't showing, even in task manager it shows less than 10% CPU usage.

HELP ME FIND THE ADVANCED CLIENT
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: can't find the advanced client

Post by 7im »

Right click on the fah tray icon, select Advanced Control.

FYI, the minimum supported AMD GPU is currently a 5000 series and above. 4000 series and below support ended a year or two ago.

However, your CPU client slot should be able to fold on all the CPU cores.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.