Starting App after System Restart

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Innversion

Starting App after System Restart

Post by Innversion »

Hello all, I do not know if this has already been addressed or I am just asking for to much. I did do some looking around trying to find some similar to my situation but I could not.

So, my concern is that after the initial install, run, and identity creation/team join. Up to this point everything is working great. I create my Identity, joined the team I wanted, and now I'm folding away.

Now the problem. I restart my PC. The application does not start up automatically. I go into the file folder and run FAHClient.exe and a command prompt shows up and start doing stuff but does not go away. If I wait a while it does some more things but still hangs around. I open up the FAHWebClient and I seems to be folding, but it is a anonymous and for no team. When I close the command prompt folding stops.

I would like to know how to set this up to start with windows, retain the information I previous input, and for it to work like it did when I first installed the dang thing. i.e. it works without a command prompt on my screen and there is a system tray icon that I can click on to bring up the controls.

Computer Specs:
i7-4790K @ 4.2Ghz ( 4 core 8 thread)
16GB RAM
Cable Internet
Windows 10
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Starting App after System Restart

Post by 7im »

Hello Innversion, welcome to the Folding Support Forum.

The program to run is the Folding@home link, not FAHClient.exe.

What account name did you use to install the FAH client? Were you prompted for admin access to run the client? If yes, the shortcuts to start the folding client were added to the Admin account instead of your user account.

Find the Startup folder of the Admin account, and copy the Folding@home shortcut found there, to the Startup folder of your account. Then folding will start correctly and keep the info you entered.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Innversion

Post by Innversion »

7im wrote:Hello Innversion, welcome to the Folding Support Forum.

The program to run in the Folding@home link, not FAHClient.exe.

What account name did you use to install the FAH client? Were you prompted for admin access to run the client? If yes, the shortcuts to start the folding client were added to the Admin account instead of your user account.

Find the Startup folder of the Admin account, and copy the Folding@home shortcut found there, to the Startup folder of your account. Then folding will start correctly and keep the info you entered.

Hello 7im, thank you for getting back to me!

You got it! Hit the nail square! Thanks a ton! I never even thought about that.

Good Job! Much Appreciated!
KeikoYuuki

Post by KeikoYuuki »

Doesnt Work for me.. Still will not load correctly, the Folding at home webcontroller never loads and keeps me on Anonymous. I constantly says it has quit but in Systray, it has not. This is extremely awkward.