Abort current WU

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Dirty_Harry_R900

Abort current WU

Post by Dirty_Harry_R900 »

Is there a way to abort a current WU and get a new one, without uninstalling the client? I was assigned to
Project: 9660 (1, 37, 133)
WU ETA: 2.00 days
Estimated Points: 677 -> 340 points per day. But usually it would be around 13k/day (GPU only)

So far it's the most extreme case I've seen, but certainly not the only one. Why doesn't the reward always reflect the workload? Thanks.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Abort current WU

Post by Joe_H »

Yes, it is possible. But more importantly more information would be needed before recommending that. More likely is a bad setting on your system or another problem that can be corrected.

The Welcome topic - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=26036 - provides directions on how to post information about your system and the folding log to the forum. That would include much of the necessary items to determine what the problem is.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Hello Dirty_Harry_R900, welcome to the Folding Support Forum.

If this is the first time the client has folded this project, the initial PPD estimates will be drastically incorrect until the client has completed 3-5 frames or percent of the work unit. Let it fold for an hour or two and see if the PPD changes.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
JonasTheMovie

Post by JonasTheMovie »

I can see a point in not making it too easy to cherry pick projects...