Curious about CPU vs CPU and GPU points

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Kevincav

Curious about CPU vs CPU and GPU points

Post by Kevincav »

Hi, I'm not really sure of the best place to post. I started contributing a few days ago and I recently got an upgrade for my system. Until yesterday I was only running the program on my cpus (2x 10 core xeons) and was getting about 130k points a day. Now I have a Titan X, and it's estimating that running 19 cores + the 3500 core titan is only going to get me 13k points a day. Even if I take out the GPU, that's 117k drop in points for minus one core. Am I reading this wrong?
JimboPalmer

Re: Curious about CPU vs CPU and GPU points

Post by JimboPalmer »

You did not post the first 100 lines of the log, so we can not tell what it is telling you.

You do not want a multiple of a prime number (over 5) of CPUs, so hopefully it is set to 16 CPUs

13 K a day sounds like it is not counting the Passkey. Be sure you have it configured.

Other than that, I have nothing.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
Kevincav

Post by Kevincav »

I didn't think about the logs. I'll grab that if it's needed after this. I'm actually seeing what I expect from the advanced control app. It's showing a million points a day 'ish, and that seems reasonable. The web control is the one showing the lower values, and it seems like all the points I'm getting is based on that version.

I'm not really sure what the passkey thing is.
Kevincav

Post by Kevincav »

No actually, I'm going to be patient and learn how everything works and see if it syncs up first. After figuring out the web interface more it's showing the gpu points. I might just have to wait for those to sync up though.
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

If you care about points at all, you want the passkey. F@H gives way lower points without it. It is possible one client assumes you have a passkey and one does not.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends