Web Control - Access forbidden

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

CandaceMcRae

Web Control - Access forbidden

Post by CandaceMcRae »

I am not technically new but I am so lost on this help site to figure out where to get a question answered.

I fold daily ... granted today I didnt open up and unpause the folding in the morning like normal. I just went to my bookmark for web control for folding to start and going to this site
http://folding.stanford.edu/client/ that I have accessed daily like forever now resulted in something I have never seen Access forbidden. I then tried to go thru the folding slot to unpause it from the taskbar icon. Was able to get the folding going via that method but when I tried to open Web Control from the icon task list it took me to the same site that I had bookmarked and gave me the same forbidden screen. I am aware this might be temporary and might not be affecting my folding. I just wanted to report the issue if it is actually a problem that needs to be looked at or into.

Thank you

edit add:
The message on the page I get

Access forbidden
The directory you requested is not accessible. This may either be due to the server not having permission to access this directory, or a server error. If you are the administrator for this site, please check the permissions on this directory and file a HelpSU if you need help. If you are a user, please contact the administrators for this site, or HelpSU if you think the error is due to a server problem.

I might also add that any folding.stanford.edu variations using this link address is resulting in the same messages.
bollix47

Re: Web Control - Access forbidden

Post by bollix47 »

Thank you for your report.

There is a current service alert that states:
University web sites which use AFS are displaying "Access Forbidden".
University IT engineers are working to correct the issue.
So, they are aware of the issue and, hopefully, it will be resolved soon.
CandaceMcRae

Post by CandaceMcRae »

SMILES... so good to hear... sorry I didnt see that anywhere on that site before posting... thank you for your time, information and all that you do for the community.
CygnusXI

Post by CygnusXI »

In case anyone looking for a solution to this has not tried the "Advanced Control" option, while the web interface is being restored, just right click the tray icon > Advanced Control - to gain access to your folding client.
Duce H_K_
Hardware configuration: MoBo•Gigabye X99 UD4-CF F24
CPU•<UPD 20.05.2023>Xeon V3 2680 V4 14c28t 35Mb L3
RAM•DDR4 Hynix 2133 CL14 4*16 DualRank Quad channel
HDD•ST1000DM003 Sata3 NCQ
GFX•GT220
PSU•Chieftec GPS750C 80+ Gold after repair
Cooling•Air 2xDeepCool UF120

Internet•200Mbit/s FTTB↓ white dynamic, ERTH, router RB951G-2HnD

Other•Redmi 7A <runs WUProp :-/>

Post by Duce H_K_ »