Points not going to my team?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

vince_lewis

Points not going to my team?

Post by vince_lewis »

I'm setup as user Vince_Lewis. I setup a team called TeamLewis, team # 232108.
However, my points are still getting allocated to team 0.

How do I assign myself to my own team?
I'm using ubuntu studio desktop

Also, FAH never ends. Even when I use the web client and say "Stop Folding" (which sometimes I want to do when running some work stuff)

What am I doing wrong?
Glennmas

Re: Points not going to my team?

Post by Glennmas »

So the first question idk but when your pressing stop folding do you mean that your still assigned to a work unit and it just paused or do you mean that the work unit is still just going you might wanne try finishing you wont get a new wu until you chose to get one or restart your pc
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

The only Vince_Lewis listed through the official stats page last turned in a WU several years ago and was just on the default Team 0. If that is you and you just returned and set up TeamLewis, to get points for that team you will need to fold new WU's. Points once earned and assigned to a donor and team do not get reassigned by the PG. To get new WU's credited to your new team the client needs to have both the username and team number configured and WU's completed and returned.

As mentioned, using the Stop Folding button should merely pause the client folding. It should be using negligible amounts of CPU in that state once it finishes shutting the folding core process. That can take a short time to discontinue processing and the FAH core process. If that is not happening, post the beginning section of your log file and a section that corresponds to when you clicked on the Stop Folding in the Web Control. Directions for locating and posting the log are in the Welcome Topic.

To use the Finish command mentioned by Glenmas, you need to use the advanced control - FAHControl. That does not stop processing immediately, but will finish the current work, upload the results and stop further processing. At that point no FAH core process should be active, and the background FAHClient process will go idle and wait for any command to resume using negligible resources.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Glennmas

Post by Glennmas »

ty joe I didnt know his first question its intresting that when you start a team it will still be given the points to the 0 team thought it did it directly to your team that you created good to know.
wilding2004

Post by wilding2004 »

Glennmas wrote:ty joe I didnt know his first question its intresting that when you start a team it will still be given the points to the 0 team thought it did it directly to your team that you created good to know.
The donor points are awarded to either the team you chose or the default team 0. The simple act of creating a team has no affect on the donor team. the OP will have to change the team his client uses to the new team he set up.