Log reading

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

rwh202
Hardware configuration: 8x GTX 1080
3x GTX 1080 Ti
3x GTX 1060
Various other bits and pieces

Re: Log reading

Post by rwh202 »

From the shortcut properties, it looks like this is the 64 bit 7.15 beta. What is the 'start in' property set to for the shortcut? Also, do the executables actually exist under the paths shown?. Seeing as this was the first (and for now last) 64 bit client, there may be some bug there. I'd recommend using the old stable 7.14 or the newer 7.16 32 bit clients.

With regards to having regular 'yellow circles' - that should not be happening with the frequency you are observing - when it next happens, could you please copy the tail of the log from the advanced control? It should be possible to diagnose and hopefully cure it.
bruce

Post by bruce »

I just completed my morning routine, and it's nothing like yours. I don't use VNC nor do I use WebControl so I'll have to play around with WebControl a bit to figure out how your routine works.

My morning routine: Open FAHControl .... Confirm all the local devices are green .... click on each client in the left column and do the same. If something's wrong, I have the full capabilty of FAHControl to correct whatever I see. Since I don't use VNC, I can't restart a remote client, but I don't need to do that.

The 64-bit FAHClient version was only in v7.4.15. ... and Yes, it had some problems. The bottom line: It doesn't provide any advantage over a universal 32-bit client. Your OS should be 64-bit, though, so FAH can run 64-bit FAHCores.
davidcoton

Post by davidcoton »

I recommend hfm.net for routine monitoring across the network. All clients from all PCs on one screen.

It doesn't quite do everything when there is a problem, like it fails to notice when a WU (rather than a slot) ends early, so Advanced Control is useful for viewing the log to see what happened. But the newest hfm does allow fold/pause/finish control of individual slots, just as in Advanced Control.