F@H error message

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Strongwolf

F@H error message

Post by Strongwolf »

Every time I start the folding application I get the following message; " your program can't be started because Product Statistics.dll is missing from your computer. Can anyone help with this?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: F@H error message

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

I don't recognize that DLL file, but it missing probably points to a missing update or optional software installation on your system. What OS are you running on, and to what patch level?

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Strongwolf

Post by Strongwolf »

Thanks for the quick response. I'm running 2 Windows 10 rigs and 2 Windows 7 rigs. I don't know what you mean by patch level.
bruce

Post by bruce »

ProductStatistics.dll is not a part of FAH.

From what I read on the internet, it is installed with a couple of known programs including Advanced SystemCare 7 published by IObit. Have you installed any programs by IObit? (Intentionally or unintentionally)

Strictly guessing here, but from it's name, I suspect it's tracking sites you visit so advertisements can be customized to your interests. (Unfortunately for them, they won't find any useful marketing information when the FAH software visits the FAH download sites.)
Strongwolf

Post by Strongwolf »

Yes. I bought System Care 10 Pro from Iobit. Do I have to uninstall it?
bruce

Post by bruce »

I don't see any reason why you should have to uninstall something you want... unless it somehow becomes a proxy server that blocks FAH from being able to get to the internet.