How to Monitor multiple computers

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Teknogroovin
Hardware configuration: 2 - EVGA 1080ti. 2 - EVGA 1080, 1 - EVGA 1050ti, 1 - EVGA 1050

How to Monitor multiple computers

Post by Teknogroovin »

I've been folding for over a year with a single system, but recently I add a second computer system to my setup. Right now I go to each computer, look up what each are doing and add that together. Which would be that big of a deal if they weren't in the basement. Two days ago I went do to see how they where doing, only to find one had stopped folding because of an update. I had to update the graphics card to get it back to folding. It was on a GTX 1080 doing about 800K PPD, not sure how many days it was down.

My Question;

Is there anyway to see the PPD for both computers at the same time?

Thank you for your Help.

Teknogroovin

bruce

Re: How to Monitor multiple computers

Post by bruce »

The information I gave here is not limited to Linux. You should be able to connect all of your FAH computers on your LAN. It's an advanced topic, though, so beware.

You should be able to see what you're looking for at https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/
SteveWillis
Hardware configuration: PC 1:
Linux Mint 17.3
three gtx 1080 GPUs One on a powered header
Motherboard = [MB-AM3-AS-SB-990FXR2] qty 1 Asus Sabertooth 990FX(+59.99)
CPU = [CPU-AM3-FX-8320BR] qty 1 AMD FX 8320 Eight Core 3.5GHz(+41.99)

PC2:
Linux Mint 18
Open air case
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD
AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan
three gtx 1080,
one gtx 1080 TI on a powered header

Post by SteveWillis »

Do you have an upstairs computer, maybe a laptop or ipad? You can install nomachine on all three and just access your two basement desktops remotely. Full GUI desktops. I find it very convenient. It works perfectly on my LAN but I'm having a problem remoteing in from outside. I'm trying to get some help with that now. Super easy to set up and it's free.

1080 and 1080TI GPUs on Linux Mint
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

in case you have an iPad / iPhone you could have a look here http://www.fahmm.net mobile monitoring on iPad/iPhone [/selfpromo]
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
Teknogroovin
Hardware configuration: 2 - EVGA 1080ti. 2 - EVGA 1080, 1 - EVGA 1050ti, 1 - EVGA 1050

Post by Teknogroovin »

I do have an upstairs computer and I have an iPhone, I will look into both options.

Thank you for your help!!!