Czech Republic the default?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

HRD

Czech Republic the default?

Post by HRD »

Hi, just started folding and see two things:
1) Team 0 has me folding for the Czech Republic. How do you change the team? And where do you find a list of the teams?
2) I have a Vega 64 card with 16GB of its own memory but on Mac OS, so there is no hope to address this card? I'm limited to the CPUs?

Thanks for any help!

HRD
JimboPalmer

Re: Czech Republic the default?

Post by JimboPalmer »

1) In the Advanced Control, in the Configure tab under Identity, you can change your team. (Any work you have completed, stays with that prior team)
2) There was a bug in Apple's OpenCL implementation, so no GPU client got written for it. You can use the hardware in either linux or windows.

http://folding.stanford.edu/stats/teams is the top 100 teams, the team number is to the far right.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

First, the entries for your username of HRD in the stats database show two users and teams. Someone used 'hrd' on team 114 (Czech Republic) last in 2012. The user name 'HRD' shows as being on the default team, 0. For that entry there are 14 WU's completed, the last entered into the database on Thursday last week.

http://folding.stanford.edu/stats/donor/589095

As for changing the team, you just enter the team number in that field in either the Web Control or FAHControl. Lists of active teams can be found on the third party stats sites such as Extreme OC or Kakaostats. Points earned after changing the team number will then go to the new team.

Second, currently the only way to do GPU folding with your Vega 64 is to boot into Linux or Windows with your Mac. There are a number of topics here that have covered the reasons for this. If a new evaluation is made on GPU folding for OS X, that might change in the future. But nothing has been announced.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
HRD

Post by HRD »

Thanks for the help. So if I change my name, so that 0 removes any team affiliation, I'll lose the points earned so far? Or will the points follow you if you change name?
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

No, the points stay where they are and not being transferred in any way.

If you change your name or team you start from 0 with that combination. Doing that switch early is therefore a good idea. Such change also require to requalify your passkey (10 WU successful returned to get quick return bonus). As the QRB depend on the combination donor/passkey/team
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

ChristianVirtual wrote:As the QRB depend on the combination donor/passkey/team
Just the combination of donor name and passkey is involved in qualifying the combination for QRB. The team can be changed without affecting that once qualified.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

Joe_H wrote:
ChristianVirtual wrote:As the QRB depend on the combination donor/passkey/team
Just the combination of donor name and passkey is involved in qualifying the combination for QRB. The team can be changed without affecting that once qualified.
I thought I read otherwise but thanks for the correction ! Not changing so often anymore ;-)
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net