new guy asks about active cpu number ..

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

OttoSystems

new guy asks about active cpu number ..

Post by OttoSystems »

Given that the top team 224497 CureCoin shows an active cpu count of 601, and team 53389 which hasn't had a work unit for circa 4 years also shows a count of 601 and team 7 shows a count of 1, clearly they can't all be right, so what's the straight-arrow story here? Thanks a bunch!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: new guy asks about active cpu number ..

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

I have no clear answer for you, but a number of stats for inactive teams and folders are cached. Some updates were relegated to lower frequencies to reduce the load on the stats server and reduce space needed. So that might explain why the older inactive team stats reflect odd, old values. The active teams do get more frequent updating.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
OttoSystems

Re: new guy asks about active cpu number ..

Post by OttoSystems »

Well since I just started team 234120 last night and the only contributors are myself & one other, both of us running the Chrome client, me on an I3 laptop & him on an I5 desktop and I am now impressed to see that we already have 601 active cpus. :-| so there is clearly something goofy going on; not a critical path item, I'll just ignore it. Stay Curious.