Change username / team automatically

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

bruce

Re: Change username / team automatically

Post by bruce »

foldinghomealone2 wrote:No, when it's running then it gives an error message about same processes...

I tried both after closing of advanced client / FAHcontrol and after new installation. Both with same result of aborted WUs.
NOTE: There is no "advanced client"

FAHControl.exe is the Advanced Control.
FAHClient.exe is a background service that's started at boot time which processes WUs. User Control of that process is provided either with WebControl or the Advanced Control application. You should never try to start FAHClient.exe because it's already running and two copies are not allowed.
foldinghomealone2

Post by foldinghomealone2 »

My intention was to fold with
FAHclient --config config.xml
w/o Advanced Control nor Web Control.
I wanted to use different config.xml with different user information.
But it didn't work as shown in my previous post.

Then I tried a different approach with following commands which work:

Code: Select all

FAHClient --send-command "options passkey=xxx"

FAHClient --send-command "options team=xxx"

FAHClient --send-command "options user=xxx"
With those commands (and a few batch-files) I can automatically change user information.

Thanks for your help
SteveWillis
Hardware configuration: PC 1:
Linux Mint 17.3
three gtx 1080 GPUs One on a powered header
Motherboard = [MB-AM3-AS-SB-990FXR2] qty 1 Asus Sabertooth 990FX(+59.99)
CPU = [CPU-AM3-FX-8320BR] qty 1 AMD FX 8320 Eight Core 3.5GHz(+41.99)

PC2:
Linux Mint 18
Open air case
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD
AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan
three gtx 1080,
one gtx 1080 TI on a powered header

Post by SteveWillis »

Very cool. Adding it to my notes for future reference.

1080 and 1080TI GPUs on Linux Mint
bruce

Post by bruce »

Fantastic. The "--send-command ..." is a much better way of doing what you want than trying to switching config.xml.

It should be noted that when you change passkey/team/user, the new settings apply to WUs that have not yet downloaded. The old settings still apply to those WUs which are already started. Also, each {passkey/user} pair must be re-qualified with 10 WUs before the bonus points kick in.
Yavanius

Post by Yavanius »

Haven't followed Folding in a whiles, so I'm like a newbie here... :)

Different teams I understand, by why different names? It seems like you can have different names (accounts??) contribute all to one or am I misunderstanding. I'm a little confused as if it is, I thought you couldn't do that. I have some other accounts because I set them up back in the legacy days where there was no function to set a team (you put it as part of the username). Not exactly sure why I ended up with more than one account...

I ended up choosing the account with the most credit (although compared to newer processing power, the differences I realize now would have been generally moot).

Thx, Yav
SteveWillis
Hardware configuration: PC 1:
Linux Mint 17.3
three gtx 1080 GPUs One on a powered header
Motherboard = [MB-AM3-AS-SB-990FXR2] qty 1 Asus Sabertooth 990FX(+59.99)
CPU = [CPU-AM3-FX-8320BR] qty 1 AMD FX 8320 Eight Core 3.5GHz(+41.99)

PC2:
Linux Mint 18
Open air case
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD
AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan
three gtx 1080,
one gtx 1080 TI on a powered header

Post by SteveWillis »

Maybe by using different names it would be easier to keep up with how many points he earned for each team if he uses folding.extremeoverclocking.com to keep track of points. But I don't really know.

1080 and 1080TI GPUs on Linux Mint