If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Ricorocks

Post by Ricorocks »

Are point servers down? When will they be working again?
JimboPalmer

Re: Points

Post by JimboPalmer »

No. They are temporarily not out of order.

I got points 2 hours ago at https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com, I am expecting more in one hour.
[ and it is still giving me points an hour later]
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
bruce

Post by bruce »

@Ricorocks
Something is wrong with SOME of the stats, but I'm not sure what it is. Please report the PRCG of a couple of WUs you've completed recently (for which you may not have received credit).
Ricorocks

Post by Ricorocks »

Hi Guys,

For the last week or more, all I get is "Loading" & nothing more. All Gpu's & CPu's fine
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Simply press the refresh button on your browser.
Ricorocks

Post by Ricorocks »

Tried refresh browser, still loading! NO Help

I looked at statistics:

449 Ricoocks 820,258,430 23,745 today's numbers

Last time I saw points on any of my 3 folders it was 775,000,000, I do appox 1.2mil per day.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Ricorocks wrote:Tried refresh browser, still loading! NO Help
Post the log.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

How are you looking at the stats and getting the "Loading" message? Is it through the web control for folding, or by another means. What version of the client are you using?

Basically, the stats are working for almost everyone, please give enough information so we have a chance of figuring out what is different for your attempts to look at the stats.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
bruce

Post by bruce »

Which of your accounts are you looking at? Have you checked that the spelling of your account name matches EXACTLY what you're looking at?
Ricorocks

Post by Ricorocks »

I did not change anything on my three folders, one day points, next am "loading" & all three show Ricoocks see image

[2018-06-18_17-33-24.jpg](https://postimg.cc/image/hh6taxqxp/)
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

I can confirm that I'm seeing Loading ... on the Web Control page in Windows 10 Home but using Windows 10 Pro & linux I see the data loaded. I will look further into this tomorrow when I will have more time. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution before then.

@Ricorocks Which o/s are you using? Also, your EOC stats shows you are getting points just fine:
https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... =&u=713897
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Which version of the client, 7.4.4 or the current version 7.5.1? Also, when was your system restarted last, it may need to update its cached DNS entries if it has been a while. The servers are in the process of moving, and while most things are redirected to the new server there have been some glitches associated with that.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

I agree with Joe's comments above.

@Ricorocks

The first thing I would try is clearing your DNS cache:

close your browser
open a command prompt
enter the following one at a time:

Code: Select all

ipconfig /displaydns
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /displaydns
The last display should confirm that the DNS cache has been flushed by displaying a lot fewer entries... if it doesn't then repeat the above but open the command prompt as Administrator.
Try Web Control again.

If the above doesn't work continue below.
I made numerous changes on my non-working system to get it looking like the system that did work:
Changed Windows Defender Firewall to Private and made sure both Private & Public had a check mark for fahclient.
Cleared my browser's (Chrome) cache & cookies. (I have doubts about this step as the page now loads properly on other browsers (Firefox & Edge) where I did not clear those items but neither worked previously)
I could not tell you which item fixed it but it is now working properly and I can't repeat the problem even if I try to reverse some of the above steps which could point to a DNS problem that somehow got fixed during my attempts. Your Web Control page does open but it doesn't fetch your stats and the location of those stats has changed so that may be what is causing the problem.

@Joe_H In my case I saw the problem on both 7.4.16 & 7.5.1
Ricorocks

Post by Ricorocks »

I'll answer what I can now, then try ipconfig

I only know of one account, & use this only "Ricoocks", OS folders 2 win10, 1 Win7 all 64bit. Fah client used all 3 machines ver. 7.4.4

The logs are too big to post here & suggestions as to which portion might be helpful. Also above I linked to a jpg (like dropbox), I can try to post the full log there, if that would be helpful.

Tried the ipconfig all three at elevated command prompt, this did not restore points at web control
Ricorocks

Post by Ricorocks »

Aint that strange, all three machines said Loading, at the same time, the previous day points were showing

I saw from Joe_H - I was a little behind in client ver. I installed over the top of 7.4.4 to 7.5.1 and behold & low! I see 824,617,604 points

pretty soon I'll be a billionaire, I heard billionaires get a free rubber chicken dinner at Stanford. LOL as in kidding.

Thank you all for helping & guidance!