Installing F@H

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

toxic__phoenix

Installing F@H

Post by toxic__phoenix »

I learned about f@h from the pcmr subreddit and wanted to install it. I've tried reinstalling it multiple times but every time its installing near the end it stops and says "target was appended to path" and stays there. it does that every time and i cant install it. Any help?
JimboPalmer

Re: Installing F@H

Post by JimboPalmer »

It is going to greatly improve the help if you tell us more. Windows? Which version? MacOS? Which version? Linux? Which Distribution? Android?
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
bruce

Post by bruce »

Windows?

You should install while logged on as the User that you normally use -- not the official Administrator. Soon after starting the installation, it should ask you for administrative permissions.

I presume you're downloading from here
scottwilkins

Post by scottwilkins »

I'm having this same issue today. I'm a old time FAH member, returning now due to excitement in crypto currency. Installation of the 7.6.21 client hangs when the installer stating "Append to Path" and won't finish. This is on a freshly built AMD Ryzen 5800X machine with an nVidia 2070 GPU. What other info could I provide?
This is my sig...
scottwilkins

Post by scottwilkins »

OK, this resolved itself, but the install took an hour to complete because of it. Just FYI. Thanks!
This is my sig...