Merging users accounts?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ChrisS

Merging users accounts?

Post by ChrisS »

Morning all, another question if anyone can help please..

Since starting FAH I have added a number of extra machines to my account. Unfortunately either due to finger trouble or being a newbie, I didn't add them properly to my account, therefore they show up as extra team members with misspellings etc. And their credit gets allocated to the team but not me.

At Seti@home there is a function to merge computers into one account, is there a similar function here at FAH to merge users in the same way? It's not vitally important, just an irritation really.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
JimboPalmer

Re: Merging users accounts?

Post by JimboPalmer »

They are what they are.

You can either change so all the machines have the same User ID and Passcode, or accept that there will be multiple stats.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

It's not like someone will some day be generous enough to donate money to anyone who contributed.
But if it's so, I'll claim all accounts no one else claimed!

Until then, you'll have to be ok with multiple names. There is no way to reclaim them, but the account names were linked to your email account at some point I hope.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Thanks for the replies. The situation is much as I thought, but no matter. The credit gained is all there allocated to my team but with mis-spelled team members etc. Just an irritation I can live with.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Since the beginning of the project, policy has always been strict : when credits are recorded to a User/Team (/passkey), they can't be altered/merged.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

I had the same issue with some points I collected using the NaCl.
After about 10 work units, I corrected it, but the 10 units are allocated the other username.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Unfortunately FAH does not take responsibility for helping correct problems that you caused yourself. Moreover, any unnecessary changes to the master database add an unnecessary amount of risk, even if it tiny.