Client: local Connecting Inactive

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Glynn1977

Client: local Connecting Inactive

Post by Glynn1977 »

first of all I have been folding for years and just built new pc with windows 10 installed folding at home most recent version 7.5.1
getting no folding and it says Connecting Inactive and all greyed out can you help thanks
bruce

Re: Client: local Connecting Inactive

Post by bruce »

1) Did you do a default installation or did you relocate some of the files?
2) Did your firewall ask you to permit FAHClient to connect to the internet? (By default this connection will be blocked so it won't be able to download any new WUs.) You have to manually allow an exception, but it's not uncommon for the warning messages to be disabled rather than having the firewall ask you if you want to permit an exception.

Known browsers are given exceptions without asking you, but FAHClient is not on the list of known browsers ... even though there's really a greater chance of having spyware hack your credit card numbers through your browser than than whatever is exposed through a FAHClient connection.
Glynn1977

Post by Glynn1977 »

I did a default installation I have uninstalled twice and reinstalled I didn't get any messages for firewall or from Norton I have had a look can't see if Norton or the firewall are blocking folding at home ,actually never had a problem before so very puzzled why I am now
Glynn1977

Post by Glynn1977 »

I think I must be the only one with this fault with nobody helping or giving tips
bruce

Post by bruce »

Where did you post your log? (See the signature block of my previous post.
Glynn1977

Post by Glynn1977 »

The fault is fixed ,I have updated windows 10 and that has fixed the problem ,I wonder if this current version of folding at home doesn't work on an older version of windows
bruce

Post by bruce »

Most (all?) FAH projects no longer assign to WindowsXP -- which, by the way --- has been unsupported by Microsoft for quite some time now.