Stuck at "Update_Core"

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

LetterC67

Stuck at "Update_Core"

Post by LetterC67 »

I installed F@H on my old laptop. Since downloading the installer took too long (I don't know why!?), I copy the installer from another computer and installed on my old laptop. F@H successfully downloaded a WU but it stuck at "Update_Core". It downloaded core from from http://cores.foldingathome.org/v7/win/32bit/Core_a7.fah and always failed at 4-5%.
I have no idea why :(
JimboPalmer

Re: Stuck at "Update_Core"

Post by JimboPalmer »

So it could not download the application and it cannot download a Core. I see a trend. I would be looking at my networking. Try to take Windows Updates, just to see if you can download them.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
LetterC67

Post by LetterC67 »

I have checked the network and it worked properly, the speed is 40 Mbps. I think there is some problem with the server. I downloaded the core from the link above (another computer) and it would take millions of years to complete 5.2MB (0 B/s)
But the problem is there is no Fahcore_a7.exe. I used the same installer and installed it on another computer but there was no problem. I reinstall F@H and the was no change at all :(
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

The download is packaged, the client unpacks it and installs the executable in the right directory.

Can you do a traceroute from your computer to the cores.foldingathome.org address and post the results. I am having no problems with speed downloading the core in my browser, it takes just a few seconds.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3