Is there an account to log into to see progress?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Brigid

Is there an account to log into to see progress?

Post by Brigid »

Hi
I installed folding and it started folding, and I could see progress in a browser window. ("web control")
However, I then closed the browser window and do not seem able to revive the progress page at all.
I rebooted my computer and have clicked the shortcut icon several times but there seems to be no way to get it going again or view any progress?
All I get now is your home page but no options to view an account or anything.
I do have a passkey and am NOT in a team.
Thanks.

PS I have found the donor page which for my name seems to suggest that the computer stopped doing anything about 13:13 this afternoon.
uyaem

Re: Is there an account to log into to see progress?

Post by uyaem »

If you're on windows, you could try launching the Advanced Control (FAHControl start menu entry).
Alternatively, if FAH is already running, right click the FAH tray icon and select Advanced Control.
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X (1x21 CPUs) ~ GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super (Asus)
Brigid

Post by Brigid »

Thanks. Managed to get something when I right clicked the FAHControl.exe and 'run as administrator'.
It doesn't look anything like the window I had before but seems to be running now!
bruce

Post by bruce »

I think what you're looking for is https://client.foldingathome.org/. (It has troubles if you happen to use Chrome as your browser). I generally call it by one of it's other names: Webcontrol

(FAH does not need it to be running for folding to run but it will give you something to watch.)

An alternative to webcontrol (known as client, above) is FAHControl (aka Advanced Control) which is designed for more experienced Donors. It can control a lot more client features than webcontrol. I recommend that if you don't understand what you're changing, don't change it.
Brigid

Post by Brigid »

Thanks again! It's not opening in Chrome but I have opened it in Edge and now it's ok :)