how to build client from source ?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

MasterCATZ

how to build client from source ?

Post by MasterCATZ »

github seems to have all the other programs but the client ?

with Ubuntu 20.04 I just segfault , I would like to build from source if its possible , I am assuming its related to no python 2
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: how to build client from source ?

Post by Jesse_V »

FAHClient is one of the few components in F@h that is closed source. They do not want people to modify workunits and corrupt the management and processing of the scientific workunits.

Are you saying that the software segfaulted in Ubuntu 20.04?
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
MasterCATZ

Re: how to build client from source ?

Post by MasterCATZ »

yes , it was running fine on 19.10 but yesterday switched to 20.04 and now its segfaults
it is GPU related if I remove opencl it loads up so at least CPU is folding atm

all good , I'll stop trying to find the source code for client , I had a feeling it might have been closed source

it must be because of some old depreciated dependencies that are removed now, I already had to re-build FAHControl to use python3

but I also have a lot of other broken programs that needed qt4 so its becoming a bit of a mission at the moment with some old programs that have no maintainers downside to things not always being backward compatible