Remote (internet) graphical access to Linux FAH

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

l0f4r0

Remote (internet) graphical access to Linux FAH

Post by l0f4r0 »

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so glad to know this forum :)

I'm running FAHClient v7.5.1 on my Debian 10 server.
I can for sure check /var/lib/fahclient/log.txt sometimes to see what is happening but maybe this is not very handy...Questions please:
  • Which additional information could FAHControl provide me with?
  • Let's assume FAHControl is good for me. If I'm correct, FAHControl is GUI-based only (no CLI). However, I don't have any desktop environment on my server and I only access to it remotely through SSH. So how could I setup FAH so I can display/check FAHControl from my home computer through internet? I'm not in a LAN configuration.
Thank you in advance! :)

PS: My score on apps[.]foldingathome[.]org -> teamstats isn't correct. I think it should be 2.5x bigger... I have folded ~20WU, not 15. It's an update issue right? I thought it was updated every hour but I heard FAH servers were really loaded currently so it could be the explanation...
However, is it normal I don't appear at all on stats[.]foldingathome[.]org -> donors? Is there any kind of threshold before being displayed here?
l0f4r0

Re: Remote (internet) graphical access to Linux FAH

Post by l0f4r0 »

l0f4r0 wrote:PS: My score on apps[.]foldingathome[.]org -> teamstats isn't correct. I think it should be 2.5x bigger... I have folded ~20WU, not 15. It's an update issue right? I thought it was updated every hour but I heard FAH servers were really loaded currently so it could be the explanation...
Actually, it's weird because my folded WU number is correct now (23). Only my points are incorrect (48521 vs 87504). Am I still supposed to wait or is there a subtlety I didn't understand regarding scores?
l0f4r0 wrote:However, is it normal I don't appear at all on stats[.]foldingathome[.]org -> donors? Is there any kind of threshold before being displayed here?
My pseudo is still not shown...
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Remote (internet) graphical access to Linux FAH

Post by Joe_H »

Have you made adjustments to the points from the numbers shown in your log for the first 10 WUs? The client has no means of checking whether your username and passkey have been qualified for the bonus, its estimate is based on having a passkey entered or not.

The first 10 WUs only get the base points, ones that re finished after that will get the bonus if returned before the Timeout and as long as you maintain an 80% return rate.

As for FAHControl, it can be set up on any Windows, Linux or OS X system and monitor and control a F@h client installed on another system remotely. Changes to the configuration need to be made to allow this, some guides have been written and posted here on how. It is easiest to set up on a LAN, with SSH tunneling you could also set it up to work from outside the LAN.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3