macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and FAHClient 7.6.9 crash

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

NBR
Hardware configuration: 2,3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 Mac OS

Re: macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and FAHClient 7.6.9 crash

Post by NBR »

PantherX wrote:Please note that V7.6.9 has been superseded by V7.6.13: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=34466
I downloaded it but it didn't understand the benefits of the new client.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Take a look at viewtopic.php?f=24&t=34466. The change-log lists the benefits.
NBR
Hardware configuration: 2,3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 Mac OS

Post by NBR »

Joe_H wrote: Often a kernel panic like this comes from a hardware error. On the software side Norton has a reputation for causing such problems when used on macOS. Their uninstall is not the best at cleaning up after their mess either. Someone who is better than I at reading these may have an idea on what caused the error.
I uninstalled it and had no problems.
SeaJack16

Post by SeaJack16 »

Thank you PantherX for pointing out that I was out of date. I updated to 7.6.9 and have been running without issue for two plus days now. Still running the same version of Norton. I'll be a bit more diligent about checking for the latest version and updating.
SeaJack16

Post by SeaJack16 »

Hi Joe, I didn't see anything in the crash dump that indicts any of the F@H applications. The weird thing is that when I paused the F@H client the crashes stopped. My first suspicion was Norton as the problems started when I rebooted after a Norton update that has a kernel software component. That I got no crashes after suspending the F@H client made me suspicious the F@H might have had something to do with the crashes. Updating the F@H client seems to have cured the problem. I did suspect a possible hardware problem but hadn't gotten around to doing a rounds of tests before the problem went away. Thanks for the suggestions.