7.6.9 - how to update to it

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

amy1300

7.6.9 - how to update to it

Post by amy1300 »

Hello, I've been folding successfully for several days, but then saw the announcement of the new updated version. I went to the page for downloading FAH, but it looked like what was being offered was the whole application, and not just an "update." So am I supposed to uninstall FAH before I download 7.6.9?

Another thing I've been wondering -- If I close the laptop lid at night, the PC (Windows 8) puts itself into sleep mode. Will that stop the folding? Up to now I've been leaving it open 24/7, because I was not sure.
ajm

Re: 7.6.9 - how to update to it

Post by ajm »

In principle, you can simply run the installer and it will upgrade your present version; you don't have to uninstall/reinstall. BUT if you are now successfully folding with 7.5.1 or 7.6.8, I would recommend not to upgrade. Many people have encountered nasty issues with 7.6.9. There is a beta 7.6.10, too, that seems to be more solid: https://foldingathome.org/beta/ but then it's still a beta...

If the computer is in sleep mode, it won't fold, no. You can configure FAH to fold only when the computer is idle, though.
amy1300

Re: 7.6.9 - how to update to it

Post by amy1300 »

OK, thank you, ajm. I will wait on the new version.