Advanced Settings in Windows Utility

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Dannypot

Advanced Settings in Windows Utility

Post by Dannypot »

Hi,
I have noticed that no matter how often I change it, the FAH Client keeps changing my monitor sleep settings to turn monitors off after 20 minutes. I want to know if there is some way I can disable this as I often fd while watching a film and it keeps turning my screen off in the middle of the film I am watching. I am hoping that there is some switch I can stick in somewhere that wi stop F@H client from changing my Windows Power Management all the time.
It's Windows 10 Pro x64, A10-7700K (stock speed), 32GB RAM (DDR3-8500), R9-280X (stock speed), Asrock A88M-G/3.1 motherboard, SK hynix 256GB NVME boot drive
JimboPalmer

Re: Advanced Settings in Windows Utility

Post by JimboPalmer »

In Windows, click on the white flag in the lower left, then click on the Gears Icon (control panel)

Then search for Power

The screen timeout should be there, and there is a list of available timeout times, There are also Sleep timeouts, I recommend never..
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
Dannypot

Post by Dannypot »

I know that, but it keeps resetting the "turn monitor off after..." Setting back to 20 minutes whenever I have F@H client running. Hence asking whether there is some advanced settings in the Windows client that will stip this behaviour. It only happens when F@H client is running

Ps. Sorry for any typos, using phone to post on here lol
Rel25917

Post by Rel25917 »

I dont think I've heard of fahclient ever changing power management settings itself. No options in it that I know of.
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

Did you install Fahview (the screensaver demo)?
It's entirely unneccessary to have this installed. It doesn't work correctly anyway.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

FAHViewer works better in the recent releases, and it is not a screensaver. It is a separate piece of software.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Dannypot

Post by Dannypot »

MeeLee wrote:Did you install Fahview (the screensaver demo)?
It's entirely unneccessary to have this installed. It doesn't work correctly anyway.
I had no option to NOT install the viewer but this usually happens when I am not using keyboard or mouse and F@H is running. Whether I have a video running or not is irrelevant as it does this either way. I turn off the monitor timeout in Windows power management and it turns itself back to 20 minutes after a varying amount of time - always at 20 minute timeout and only when F@H client is running. Once I close F@H client, it reverts back to my previous setting of "Never"
Dannypot

Post by Dannypot »

Joe_H wrote:FAHViewer works better in the recent releases, and it is not a screensaver. It is a separate piece of software.
As for FAH viewer, it kept failing to connect and only showed a demo proteine until I DOWNGRADED the viewer to an older release. I have the latest F@H client installed but the viewer is from a few releases ago as the latest one didn't connect (found that trick on another forum entry somewhere)
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Latest release is 7.6.9, there is a beta release of 7.6.13.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3