Recover points earned prior to passkey registration?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

TheCheat

Recover points earned prior to passkey registration?

Post by TheCheat »

Hi. Been using the client for the last few weeks off and on using my personal desktop while I work from home on my company laptop. It's been pretty easy to manage for the most part (although being on an air-cooled system I can't typically run CPU and GPU together on medium power without over-generating heat, but that's a fun topic for another day).

I'd accrued around 480k points before deciding to register my username for a passkey in the last two days. However, when I pull up web control to check out the details on the current projects I have assigned, my point total has now "reset" and only includes the WUs I've submitted since registering for a passkey. Is there no way to link up the work I'd done prior to registration?

I see from the cpu search page that FAH identifies unique CPUs/GPUs by cpu/gpu ID + machine ID (or maybe it's reversed) so I figured this data should be able to be linked up, but it does not seem to be the case initially.
HaloJones

Re: Recover points earned prior to passkey registration?

Post by HaloJones »

Sorry, I do not believe this is possible. The passkey provides the proof of the originator; without it, it would be a wholly manual process to go thru logs, cross-referencing your logs with the servers and trying to determine that the returned units were indeed yours.
single 1070

TheCheat

Post by TheCheat »

That's a bummer. Is there any particular reason why the reporting on web control differs from public user profile pages? Is it because the public profiles don't really take into whether a username is passkey-claimed?
Neil-B
Hardware configuration: 1: 2x Xeon E5-2697v3@2.60GHz, 512GB DDR4 LRDIMM, SSD Raid, Win10 Ent 20H2, Quadro K420 1GB, FAH 7.6.21
2: Xeon E3-1505Mv5@2.80GHz, 32GB DDR4, NVME, Win10 Pro 20H2, Quadro M1000M 2GB, FAH 7.6.21 (actually have two of these)
3: i7-960@3.20GHz, 12GB DDR3, SSD, Win10 Pro 20H2, GTX 750Ti 2GB, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, FAH 7.6.21

Post by Neil-B »

All points are permanently associated in the stats with their username/team/passkey combinations at the time they were earned … Points are never "lost" you will be able to find your old points - just not under the passkey/username combination … different parts of the stats and apps vary in how they implement the search and display for a variety of legacy reasons.
2x Xeon E5-2697v3, 512GB DDR4 LRDIMM, SSD Raid, W10-Ent, Quadro K420
Xeon E3-1505Mv5, 32GB DDR4, NVME, W10-Pro, Quadro M1000M
i7-960, 12GB DDR3, SSD, W10-Pro, GTX1080Ti
i9-10850K, 64GB DDR4, NVME, W11-Pro, RTX3070

(Green/Bold = Active)
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Web Control does its lookup based on both the username and passkey entered into the client.

There was an option on the public pages to do the same lookup, currently not available. The API for stats lookups does provide that functionality, but is currently not working and needs updating. What is available and working is lookup by username and/or team only.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
TPL

Post by TPL »

TheCheat wrote:That's a bummer. Is there any particular reason why the reporting on web control differs from public user profile pages? Is it because the public profiles don't really take into whether a username is passkey-claimed?
It is not claimed, it is your personal choise. You still can see combined points from stats but if there is another user having the same user name you see all the points combined for that user name.
Passkey and username is unique combination but your old points are not forgetted.

There can be many same user names. But not another with your passkey. And that combination is a new user.