FAHViewer won't start on LinuxMint

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ianpiper

FAHViewer won't start on LinuxMint

Post by ianpiper »

I have installed fahviewer 7.6.9, together with fahclient and fahcontrol on my LinuxMint 18 computer. The client started up fine, as did the controller. But I don't see anything when I try to run the viewer program, either by clicking the Viewer button in the controller UI or from the Mint menu.

Can anyone suggest what might be amiss, or where I could look to track down the problem? I don't know whether it is relevant, but I noticed that there are some missing libraries reported in the System Info tab:
"CUDA: Not detected: failed to open dynamic library 'libcuda.so' [...]"
Same for OpenCL

Thanks for any guidance.

Ian.
--
bruce

Re: FAHViewer won't start on LinuxMint

Post by bruce »

Launching FAViewer either displays the active protein or a Demo protein.

The real-time viewer relies on data stored by the FAHCore that's analyzing your assigned protein. If you recently started a protein, there's nothing stored to display yet. I ususally don't open the FAHViewer , but if I do, I expect noting to display unless an appreciable percentage of the WU has been folded.

As far a OpenCL drivers are concerned, they are required if you're going to fold with a supported GPU. For help with that issue, please post the first ~150 lines of FAH's log per the instructions below.