cant connect to my own client???

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

nixoboi

cant connect to my own client???

Post by nixoboi »

when i opened up the FAHcontrol i cant seem to connect to my client, for some odd reason. at the top it says "connecting" in orange, instead of the usual online. i have folded for over a month, took a short break (couple of days), wanted to fold again, but couldnt find it in the hidden icons, and i cant connect to the online control neither

what can i do?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: cant connect to my own client???

Post by Joe_H »

First check to see if the FAHClient process is running. That needs to be running in the background for FAHControl to have something to connect to.

Further information on what OS you are using, and what version of the client you have would help in offering some possible fixes.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Diwash_Ghimire

Post by Diwash_Ghimire »

I'm having the same problem. It shows connecting and the client is inactive. I'm running i7-8750H, 16Gigs of RAM, GTX 1060 and was neither inactive for long. I'm running FAH 7.6.13 on Windows Home (1909) 64-bit.
uyaem

Post by uyaem »

Check with a text editor if your config.xml (Windows: %APPDATA%\FAHClient, Linux: /etc/fahclient/config.xml) contains the following line, or similar:

Code: Select all

<allow v='127.0.0.1'/>
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X (1x21 CPUs) ~ GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super (Asus)
bruce

Post by bruce »

Joe_H wrote:First check to see if the FAHClient process is running.
If FAHClient is not running, FAHControl/WebControl cannot connect to it. Reinstall FAHClient and be sure it is configured to start when Windows boots. Be sure the same person who installed the software is loggin on.
FoldingFodder

Post by FoldingFodder »

Have you attempted to reboot your computer?

I've noticed that if i click exit in the advanced control, when i attempt to open advanced control again it can't reconnect. One would assume that if the FAH service gets terminated at the point of clicking exit in the advanced control that there would be a button to restart the service and/or it happens when either the web or advanced control is opened. But it does not. Rebooting is the way i've managed to get things going again.
bruce

Post by bruce »

The FAHClient "service" is expected to run continuously, even if you don't have a WU to work on. It uses very little resources in either case.

the only reason I''ve seen for it to stop is if it crashes, though sometimes it does get confused about local FAH passwords in a couple of the beta versions of the client, You shouldn't have the latter problem with v7.6.13.
Diwash_Ghimire

Post by Diwash_Ghimire »

uninstalling FAH client also clearing the data helps to solve the problem. After u do this, install again and login using your same previous name(not to confuse with username) and passkey in web client to login again. This solves the problem, may take few minutes after that to recalculate the resources u have and after that it works fine.