Points earned history not showing in refreshed PC

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Peter_Baker

Points earned history not showing in refreshed PC

Post by Peter_Baker »

Hi, I recently reset my PC, re-installed all software and "changed identity" using the original Username/Passkey sent by Folding@home, I was expecting my history of points to show up? Thanks, Peter
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Points earned history not showing in refreshed PC

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

Searching the official stats I can find two separate entries "Peter_Baker". The older one was on the default team "0", and long enough ago that a last folding date was not returned from the database. The newer one is for team 223518 and just shows 2 WUs, the latest returned today.

The report that shows up in the client will show points based on the unique combination of User, ram, and passkey if provided. So the older points only show up on the official stats site when searching by just username - https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/78823.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Peter_Baker

Post by Peter_Baker »

That is weird:-) Initially I would have had default team "0" but then when I looked a further I joined "LinusTechTips_Team" and had accumulated 10s maybe 100s of WU before I reset my PC. Shame I have lost my credits but OK it is a small problem...

In future if I keep the same Username and Key should I always end up back with my credits?

Thanks, Peter
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

As I understand it, you have buckets.

All the points with a given team go in that team's bucket. Team 0 is another bucket.

All the point with a given passkey go in that bucket, no passkeyis a different bucket

All the points on a given name are in that bucket, other names are in other buckets.

So points you generate with one name, one team, and one passkey are all together, but if you make any changes, expect a new total points.

EOC shows points for any passkey. https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

If you had returned 10s or 100s of WUs under the Peter_Baker name, they would show up in the search I linked. If you folded with a different name or variation off that, the points will only show by searching on that name. The closest I could find was a PeterB on the LTT team.

If you have a backup that would include a copy of the config.xml file for the F@h client or its backup copies, you can open that in a text editor to see what settings were in use for you then. Any backup would also have the log files which can be searched for some WUs returned, and the stats database can be checked as well.

But going forward, if you maintain the same username and passkey, then credits should be attached to that.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
bruce

Post by bruce »

Before the passkey was invented, all points were accumulated strictly under the name and there was no verification that the name was unique. You could search under {Name||Team} but simply searching under {Name} gave you the total for everybody who ever used that name's spelling. When the unique passkey was invented, it was impossible to divide up team 0's accumulated points so they were left under {Name||team 0}

That will continue to be true going forward. I can search my team stats for every name misspelling that I've every used and add them all up externally. Fortunately I have not accumulated many points for other teams except for In Memorial donations which I don't claim as mine.
Peter_Baker

Post by Peter_Baker »

Thanks for the responses, found out my old username was Basher(Peter) and have re-entered using the verification string, hopefully it gets that total points back after the next unit is completed... Peter
Peter_Baker

Post by Peter_Baker »

Having waited a day my folding history is still loading, I guess it was not as simple as just re-entering my "Folding as" details correctly... It is not a big problem:-) but any ideas please? Peter
iero

Post by iero »

There seems to be a bigger issue at play. There are several people stating that they can't see their stats on the web browser, only getting a LOADING... message.
GPU only
RTX 3060 12GB Gigabyte Gaming OC [currently mining]
Folding since 14/02/2021
Peter_Baker

Post by Peter_Baker »

iero wrote:There seems to be a bigger issue at play. There are several people stating that they can't see their stats on the web browser, only getting a LOADING... message.
Good to know, I'll wait a bit:-)
Peter_Baker

Post by Peter_Baker »

I'm back with "Points Earned" history - thanks for the help to get there:-) Peter