Resuming identity and team after reinstalling FAH.exe

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Gonzague

Resuming identity and team after reinstalling FAH.exe

Post by Gonzague »

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know how I can get my former identity and team back after reinstalling FAH.exe ?
Thanx!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Resuming identity and team after reinstalling FAH.exe

Post by Joe_H »

You just enter the same username, team number and passkey as you used before. If you don't have them written down, they are stored in a file named config.xml that is stored in the F@h client data directory, and in the 16 prior copies of that file kept in a folder in the same location.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
bruce

Post by bruce »

Your former passkey can be re-obtained from the passkey app if you remember the inputs you used the first time.
Gonzague

Post by Gonzague »

Thank you @Joe_H and @bruce, fortunately, you were there.
RadovanR

Post by RadovanR »

Hello,
recently my PC crashed and current config.xml was destroyed. Fortunately I have stored mail with my passkey and username, so I was able to recover it. BUT: new WUs I folded since reinstall are not awarded to my "previous" accout. It can be seen at

Code: Select all

https://statsclassic.foldingathome.org/team/198857
- there are 3 records for my name eana.elf:
first is for name eana.elf, donor id = 95445. To this account were all WUs awarded until my PC crash.
Second is also eana.eld, id = 499404758. To this account are awarded my new WUs after reinstallation. Why? I have checked mail with my passkey and it stated, that my account name is eana.elf_, so i changed it in config.
But it created third with name eana.elf_, id = 768109.
It looks like my original name was different, as I'm not able to add new WUs to my first account with id=95445. Can someone help me in this area and discover correct name for my first account? And possibly merge all my WUs to this acount?
Thanjks, Radovan